Engineering & Tooling
Plastic Part Engineering, Design and Development
While each function within LCS is important to our overall operation, we place great emphasis on our engineering capabilities. While many of our incoming projects are accompanied by exact standards spelled out explicitly on product drawings and 3D models, there are also those customers whose talents and expertise are outside the field of plastic part design and production techniques. Our Engineering staff brings years of plastic injection molding experience to each project.
- Full part design or design assistance
- File format exchange: .dwg, .dxf, .iges, .stp
Our goal is to provide our customers with the highest quality, least expensive tooling options within the fastest possible lead times. While some tools are built in-house, we’ve found we can best reduce tooling costs by using our expertise to manage a competitive quoting process with qualified tooling vendors. We offer both domestic and offshore tooling options using trusted toolmakers selected by LCS to meet our strict standards for quality and price.
- Steel & aluminum prototype tooling
- Low cost molds with high production capabilities
- Mold flow analysis
- Tooling amortization available for qualified projects
- Preventive maintenance/mold refurbishment